BETA Puppy Large Breed Dry Dog Food with Turkey
PURINA BETA Puppy Large Breed is a 100% complete and balanced diet specifically developed for large breed puppies.
Made with selected ingredients, this food provides a balanced nutrition to your puppy. Optimum levels of protein from turkey promotes healthy grown, help build muscle strenght mass and maintain ideal body condition. It is recommended for large breed puppies aged between 1 to 24 months and contains added vitamins and minerals to help support strong bones, healthy joints and teeth.
The crunchy dual shape kibbles encourages your dog to chew the food slower, imroving oral health and helping the nutrients absorption. The size of kibbles has been reduced compared to Adult Large Breed to suit the smallest mouths.
- Complete nutrition for puppies of large breeds (>25Kg ).
- Vitamins E & C help maintain natural defences
- With natural prebiotics to help improve digestive health
- Contains vitamin D and minerals for the natural development of your puppy’s strong bones
- Rich in meat: for healthy growth, muscle strength and an ideal body condition.
- Smaller Kibbles: dual shape kibbles help to maintain good oral health.
Cereals (wholegrain 20%), Meat and animal derivatives (meat 14%, turkey 4%), Vegetable protein extracts, Oils and fats, Derivatives of vegetable origin (dried beet pulp 1.1%), Vegetables (dried chicory root 1.1%), Minerals.
Nutritional additives: IU/kg: Vit A: 24 800; Vit D3: 1 450. Vit E: 165; mg/kg: Fe (E1): 94; I (E2): 2.3; Cu (E4): 11; Mn (E5): 7.8; Zn (E6): 170; Se (E8): 0.23; Vit C: 140. With antioxidants.
|Expected adult body weight||6 weeks to 3 months||3 to 5 months||5 to 8 months||8 to 12 months||1 to 2 years||After 2 years|
|Large (25 – 45kg)||215 – 600||420 – 820||530 – 870||460 – 720||430 – 610||Adult|
|Giant (45 – 70kg)||290 - 720||600 - 1130||820 - 1130||860 – 1130||720 - 985||Adult|
Puppies under 3 months should be fed 3-4 times a day. Food should be moistened to aid chewing.
After 3 months of age, gradually reduce moistening and feed 3 times per day.
From 6-12 months, provide 2 daily meals. Feed according to the recommendation table, and avoid overfeeding to help maintain a lean body condition during growth. Each puppy is different; depending on his activity levels and body condition, the amount you feed him may need to be adjusted.
If your dog is pregnant, you should increase the amount of food by 1.5-2 times during the last 3-4 weeks before the litter is due. Continue to feed the same amount while she’s nursing. After weaning, you can go back to feeding the mother her usual amount of food.
Clean, fresh water should be available at all times.
Recommended number of feedings are as follows:
- Feed puppies under 3 months of age 3-4 daily feedings of moistened food. After 3 months of age gradually reduce moistening and feed 3 times per day. From 6-12 months provide 2 daily feedings. Feed them according to the recommendation table and avoid overfeeding to maintain a lean body condition during growth.
- Each puppy is different, depending on his activity level and body condition, food amount may need to be adjusted.
- Feeding during gestation and lactation: During the last 3-4 weeks of pregnancy and while nursing, food allowances should be increased 1.5 to 2 fold maintenance levels.
- After weaning, the mother’s food should be adjusted to maintain her at an ideal body condition. Fresh, clean drinking water should always be available.
Product reviews are filtered by language.
The following reviews are available in English.
Best value by far, & my lab puppy loves it, i highly recommend this product & this site.
Best value anywhere and my 7 month ld lab loves it. I highly recommend this product !
I kept this food for my puppy golden retriever as it was used by the breeder. Vet`s approved the puppy is happy to only eat this 3x a day it has a shinning beautiful coat it is growing well and just fit not fat! Would recommend 100 as it is also affordable.
My chocolate labrador puppy was on this food when I picked her up. I had always fed my previous dogs on other foods, so over a period I changed her over. This led to tummy upset and just general `flatness`. So I immediately changed her back to Beta and she has never looked back. She is always full of beans, her coat is lovely and glossy and no more tummy upset. I would definitely recommend to everyone to use it... :)
Best puppy food so far dogs have done brill on this food and have recommend to all family and friends excellent food