Hill's Science Plan Healthy Development Puppy Large Breed Chicken
Hill's Science Plan Puppy Healthy Development Large Breed Chicken is formulated for healthy skeletal development in large breed puppies. With clinically proven antioxidants and optimal mineral levels.
- Additions of rice, egg and flax seed.
- Rice increases overall digestibility.
- Egg is a highly biological value protein that increases overall protein quality.
- Flax seed is a source of soluble fibre and contributes to gut micro-flora health. It is also a source of essential fatty acids.
- Reduced fibre by 20% to reduce bowel overload and achieve optimal fibre balance for puppies sensitive digestion.
- With optimal mineral levels for healthy skeletal development.
- With quality proteins and L-carnitine to support lean muscle.
Hills™Science Plan™ Puppy Healthy Development™ Large Breed Chicken
Feed puppies 2 to 4 meals a day. Initially feed daily amount shown ; adjust amount to maintain proper body weight. If unsure - ask your veterinarian
Feeding this food for the first time? Mix increasing amounts of the new food with decreasing amounts of the previous food over a 7 day period.
Keep fresh water available at all times.
Switch to Science Plan™ Canine Adult Large Breed at 12 months old.
|Weight of Dog |
|Growth less than 4 months |
(Pregnancy weeks 7 - 9)
|Growth 4 to 9 months |
(Pregnancy weeks 5 - 6)
|Growth 10 to 12 months |
(Pregnancy weeks 1 - 4)
Feeding The Correct Amount
It is important to remember however that these figures are guidelines only, and there are several factors to be taken into account when assessing your pet’s nutritional requirements : -
- Activity level
- Temperament (stressed animals burn off more calories than relaxed ones)
- Metabolism (every animal is an individual with his or her own speed of metabolism; this means that 2 dogs of the same age, breed and weight could have different daily calorie requirements)
In order to provide the correct portions when feeding your dog or cat, it is also helpful to assess your pet’s appetite, visual appearance and stools. Whilst poo watching does not sound particularly pleasant, it is one of the best indicators of health. Increased frequency of passing faeces, production of large quantities of stools of loose motions are often frequent signs that an animal is receiving more food than he or she requires.
It is important to obtain an accurate weight for your cat or dog, and also to weigh out the food. Guessing on both accounts gives a large margin of error.
Changing Food Brands
For a successful diet change, we recommend following the feeding pattern below. The daily feeding amount should be split into two equal amounts and the proportions of new food increased over the first week as illustrated.
TOP TIPS: For those dogs who do not make eating a priority, here are some additional points:
- Reduce the number of tit-bits given during the introductory period
- If your dog has been used to eating wet food, moisten with warm water.
Product reviews are filtered by language.
The following reviews are available in English.
barking mad!!I always fed my dogs Hill's diet and to find this great product at such competitive price is wonderful!! I also always come back to this website when I'm re-ordering, the free delivery is fast and never had a problem! You must be barking mad to go elsewhere!!
Excellent productI feed my dog on Hills Prescription Diet so as Hills Science Plan was on my local animal charity's online wish list I purchased a couple of bags for them.
Amazing!!! the price is amazing too on the website, much cheaper than pets at home! my puppy is now 5months,a black Labrador, and his coat shines as never before, i always get compliments of how gorgeous he looks. of course i really give him only the guided amount of dry food, nothing else, (except apples which he loves, and carrots) :)
serves my akita perfectly! great product and great help in keeping him perfect
Having enjoyed puppy Large Breed for his first year, H is now moving up a level. A healthy coat, good teeth and a happy dog are testament to the mix, which I would award 5.
As always the food is well packaged, but when ordering on-line from Petsupermarket be aware that the delivery can and usually does, take 10 days to arrive. 5 working days for despatch and another 5 for YODEL to deliver it to the door. Of course you could pay to have it arrive more quickly!