James Wellbeloved Adult Dry Dog Food - Fish & Rice
James Wellbeloved Dog Adult Fish & Rice is a complete hypo allergenic dry food.
With selected protein source fish and selected carbohydrate sources of rice and barley, it is a dietetic food, excellent for the reduction of ingredient and nutrient intolerances. It's suggested that the food be tried for a period of 3 to 8 weeks. If the signs of the food intolerance disappear, continue feeding indefinitely.
- Made with natural ingredients with added vitamins and minerals.
- Hypoallergenic - ideal for dogs with skin or digestive sensitivities.
- Made with sustainably sourced, predominantly ocean-white fish meal.
- Single meat protein, fish, fish oil and fish stock
- Promotes a healthy and glossy coat, blend of omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids
- Helps to reduce stool odour with added yucca extract
- Added prebiotic natural chicory inulin helps to maintain healthy gut flora
- Support for the heart, joints and immune system, JW+ - taurine for heart and chondroitin, glucosamine & herbs for joints
- Higher levels of vitamins c and e for immune system
- Smaller kibble for smaller mouths
Rice, ocean white fish meal, barley, whole linseed, vegetable gravy, olive oil, peas, fish oil, alfalfa, sodium chloride, natural seaweed, chicory pulp, calcium carbonate, chicory extract, lysine, DL-methionine, yucca extract, threonine, JWB special ingredients.
Contains: Min 23% fish, min 28% rice, min 15% barley.
Typical analysis: Protein 21%, oil 10%, fibre 4%, ash 8%, omega-3 fatty acids 2. 1%, omega-6 fatty acids 1. 4%.
|Breed Type||Adult body weight||Food per day|
|Toy e.g.. Yorkshire Terrier||2||55|
|Small e.g.. Westie||6||125|
|Medium e.g.. Border Collie||12||210|
|Large e.g.. Labrador Retriever||24||345|
|Giant e.g.. Saint Bernard||45||550|
Feeding The Correct Amount
It is important to remember however that these figures are guidelines only, and there are several factors to be taken into account when assessing your pet’s nutritional requirements : -
- Activity level
- Temperament (stressed animals burn off more calories than relaxed ones)
- Metabolism (every animal is an individual with his or her own speed of metabolism; this means that 2 dogs of the same age, breed and weight could have different daily calorie requirements)
In order to provide the correct portions when feeding your dog or cat, it is also helpful to assess your pet’s appetite, visual appearance and stools. Whilst poo watching does not sound particularly pleasant, it is one of the best indicators of health. Increased frequency of passing faeces, production of large quantities of stools of loose motions are often frequent signs that an animal is receiving more food than he or she requires.
It is important to obtain an accurate weight for your cat or dog, and also to weigh out the food. Guessing on both accounts gives a large margin of error.
Changing Food Brands
For a successful diet change, we recommend following the feeding pattern below. The daily feeding amount should be split into two equal amounts and the proportions of new food increased over the first week as illustrated.
TOP TIPS: For those dogs who do not make eating a priority, here are some additional points:
- Reduce the number of tit-bits given during the introductory period
- If your dog has been used to eating wet food, moisten with warm water.
|DAY 1-2||75% Original Diet|
|25% New Food|
|DAY 3-4||50% Original Diet|
|50% New Food|
|DAY 5-6||25% Original Diet|
|75% New Food|
|DAY 7||100% New Food|