James Wellbeloved Junior Dog Lamb & Rice is ideal maintenance for adolescent dogs with an adult weight over 10kg from 6 months of age. It is a complete hypo-allergenic dry food. With selected protein source lamb and selected carbohydrate sources of rice and barley, it is a dietetic food, excellent for the reduction of ingredient and nutrient intolerances. We suggest that the food be tried for a period of 3 to 8 weeks. If the signs of the food intolerance disappear, continue feeding indefinitely.
- Made with natural ingredients with added vitamins and minerals
- Hypoallergenic - ideal for dogs with skin or digestive sensitivities
- Single meat protein - lamb, with lamb fat and lamb gravy
- Exclude the most common causes of adverse food reaction
- No added artificial colours, flavours or preservatives
- Promotes a healthy, glossy coat - blend of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids
- Helps to reduce stool odour - added yucca extract
- Encourages beneficial bacteria in the gut - added prebiotic - natural chicory inulin
Minimum levels: lamb (26%), rice (26%), barley (14%), linseed (3%), lamb gravy (2%), alfalfa (1%), seaweed (0.5%), yucca extract (0.02%), chicory extract (0.2%)
Additives per kg: antioxidants: E306/Natural antioxidant, 150mg, Vitamins: E672/Vitamin A, 15.000 iu, E671/Vitamin D3, 2,250 iu, Trace elements: E1/iron, 40mg, E2/iodine, 2mg, E4/copper, 5mg, E5/manganese, 25mg, E6/zinc, 100mg, E8/selenium, 0.2mg
Analytical Constituents: protein 24.0%, crude fibres 3.0%, fat content 10%, crude ash 8.0%, Vitamin E 180mg/kg, omega-3 fatty acids 1%, omega-6 fatty acids 1.3%
|Breed Type||Adult Weight (kg)||6 months||7 months||8 months||9 months||10 months||12 months||14 months|
Feeding The Correct Amount
It is important to remember however that these figures are guidelines only, and there are several factors to be taken into account when assessing your pet’s nutritional requirements : -
- Activity level
- Temperament (stressed animals burn off more calories than relaxed ones)
- Metabolism (every animal is an individual with his or her own speed of metabolism; this means that 2 dogs of the same age, breed and weight could have different daily calorie requirements)
In order to provide the correct portions when feeding your dog or cat, it is also helpful to assess your pet’s appetite, visual appearance and stools. Whilst poo watching does not sound particularly pleasant, it is one of the best indicators of health. Increased frequency of passing faeces, production of large quantities of stools of loose motions are often frequent signs that an animal is receiving more food than he or she requires.
It is important to obtain an accurate weight for your cat or dog, and also to weigh out the food. Guessing on both accounts gives a large margin of error.
Changing Food Brands
For a successful diet change, we recommend following the feeding pattern below. The daily feeding amount should be split into two equal amounts and the proportions of new food increased over the first week as illustrated.
TOP TIPS: For those dogs who do not make eating a priority, here are some additional points:
- Reduce the number of tit-bits given during the introductory period
- If your dog has been used to eating wet food, moisten with warm water.
75% Original Diet
25% New Food
50% Original Diet
50% New Food
25% Original Diet
75% New Food
100% New Food
Product reviews are filtered by language.
The following reviews are available in English.
Great Dog FoodOur 8 month old Golden Retriever loves James Wellbeloved food in all varieties, but especially lamb and rice. Great offer with free meat pouches which adds further joy to dinner times. Good service too now I'm a VIP customer.
james wellbeloved pouches & kibbleFeed all my dogs on this and they love the pouches also
My German Shepherd has always been a faddy eater. Despite having always bought good quality food, she has been prone to allergies and rashes and each month, refused to eat the food probably because she was bored of it. Four months ago, I tried James Beloved for the first time. I was surprised to see that she ate the food immediately. Within weeks, she had stopped scratching and the rashes had started to clear up. She waits to be fed now and has not got bored of this product. Having seen her health improv