James Wellbeloved Junior Performance Ocean White Fish & Rice
James Wellbeloved Junior Dog Fish & Rice is ideal maintenance for adolescent dogs with an adult weight over 10kg from 6 months of age. It is a complete hypo-allergenic dry food. With selected protein source fish and selected carbohydrate sources of rice and barley, it is a dietetic food, excellent for the reduction of ingredient and nutrient intolerances. We suggest that the food be tried for a period of 3 to 8 weeks. If the signs of the food intolerance disappear, continue feeding indefinitely.
- Made with natural ingredients with added vitamins and minerals
- Hypoallergenic - ideal for dogs with skin or digestive sensitivities
- Single meat protein - Fish which is complemented with nutritious fish oil and delicious fish stock
- Exclude the most common causes of adverse food reaction
- No added artificial colours, flavours or preservatives
- Promotes a healthy, glossy coat - blend of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids
- Helps to reduce stool odour - added yucca extract
- Encourages beneficial bacteria in the gut - added prebiotic - natural chicory inulin
Ingredients and analysis
Ingredients: Rice, ocean white fish meal, barley, potato protein, whole linseed, vegetable gravy, olive oil, peas, fish oil, alfalfa, sodium chloride, natural seaweed, chicory extract, lysine, calcium carbonate, DL-methionine, yucca extract, threonine, JWB special ingredients.
Contains: Min 23% fish, min 28% rice, min 10% barley
TYPICAL ANALYSIS: Protein 24%, oil 10%, fibre 3. 5%, ash 8%, omega-3 fatty acids 2. 1%, omega-6 fatty acids 1. 3%.
|Breed Type||Adult Weight (kg)||6 months||7 months||8 months||9 months||10 months||12 months||14 months|
Feeding The Correct Amount
It is important to remember however that these figures are guidelines only, and there are several factors to be taken into account when assessing your pet’s nutritional requirements : -
- Activity level
- Temperament (stressed animals burn off more calories than relaxed ones)
- Metabolism (every animal is an individual with his or her own speed of metabolism; this means that 2 dogs of the same age, breed and weight could have different daily calorie requirements)
In order to provide the correct portions when feeding your dog or cat, it is also helpful to assess your pet’s appetite, visual appearance and stools. Whilst poo watching does not sound particularly pleasant, it is one of the best indicators of health. Increased frequency of passing faeces, production of large quantities of stools of loose motions are often frequent signs that an animal is receiving more food than he or she requires.
It is important to obtain an accurate weight for your cat or dog, and also to weigh out the food. Guessing on both accounts gives a large margin of error.
Changing Food Brands
For a successful diet change, we recommend following the feeding pattern below. The daily feeding amount should be split into two equal amounts and the proportions of new food increased over the first week as illustrated.
TOP TIPS: For those dogs who do not make eating a priority, here are some additional points:
- Reduce the number of tit-bits given during the introductory period
- If your dog has been used to eating wet food, moisten with warm water.
75% Original Diet
25% New Food
50% Original Diet
50% New Food
25% Original Diet
75% New Food
100% New Food
Product reviews are filtered by language.
The following reviews are available in English.
ExcellentI have a 4mth cavapoo who was weaned on Royal canin but I found he was skin allergic to chicken. He never enjoyed his food, probably the chicken. Since changing to this he loves his food and the scratching and itching have nearly gone. I started on fish as I was recommended that fish less likely to produce allergic reaction and he loves it, just started trying other flavours for variety.
My Golden Retriever dog came to live with me when he was six years` old and very overweight. My daughter-in-law recommended James Wellbeloved Senior/Light Dog Food. I have given this food to my dog ever since - he is coming up for 11 now. He loves it, it has no harmful substances in it, and he is now slimmer and has more energy.