James Wellbeloved Senior Adult Dry Dog Food - Duck & Rice
James Wellbeloved Senior Dog Duck and Rice is ideal for dogs over 7 years. It is a complete dry food with the bonus that it is hypo-allergenic. With protein selected from duck and selected carbohydrate sources of rice and oats, it is a dietetic food, excellent for the reduction of ingredient and nutrient intolerances. We suggest that the food be tried for a period of 3 to 8 weeks. If the signs of the food intolerance disappear, continue feeding indefinitely.
- Made with natural ingredients with added vitamins and minerals
- Hypoallergenic - ideal for dogs with skin or digestive sensitivities
- Single meat protein - duck, with duck fat and duck gravy
- No added artificial colours, flavours or preservatives
- Excludes the most common causes of adverse food reaction
- Promotes a healthy, glossy coat with a blend of omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids
- Added yucca extract helps to reduce stool odour
- Natural chicoryinulin encourages beneficial bacteria in the gut
- Joint support - JW+ which contains chondroitin, glucosamine & herbs
Ingredients and analysis
Ingredients: Rice, organic oats, duck meat meal, whole linseed, duck gravy, duck fat, alfalfa, natural seaweed, omega-3 and omega-6 supplement, sodium chloride, parsley, nettle, chicory extract, calcium carbonate, lysine, D, L-methionine, glucosamine, chondroitin, yucca extract, threonine, JWB special ingredients.
Contains: Minimum 17. 5% duck, min 26% rice, min 14% organic oats, 0. 3% JW+.
Typical analysis: Protein 18%, oil 8. 5%, fibre 4. 5%, ash 6%, omega-3 fatty acids 0. 8%, omega-6 fatty acids 1. 8%.
|Breed Type||Adult body weight||Food per day|
|Toy e.g.. Yorkshire Terrier||2||55|
|Small e.g.. Westie||6||125|
|Medium e.g.. Border Collie||12||210|
|Large e.g.. Labrador Retriever||24||345|
|Giant e.g.. Saint Bernard||45||550|
Feeding The Correct Amount
It is important to remember however that these figures are guidelines only, and there are several factors to be taken into account when assessing your pet’s nutritional requirements : -
- Activity level
- Temperament (stressed animals burn off more calories than relaxed ones)
- Metabolism (every animal is an individual with his or her own speed of metabolism; this means that 2 dogs of the same age, breed and weight could have different daily calorie requirements)
In order to provide the correct portions when feeding your dog or cat, it is also helpful to assess your pet’s appetite, visual appearance and stools. Whilst poo watching does not sound particularly pleasant, it is one of the best indicators of health. Increased frequency of passing faeces, production of large quantities of stools of loose motions are often frequent signs that an animal is receiving more food than he or she requires.
It is important to obtain an accurate weight for your cat or dog, and also to weigh out the food. Guessing on both accounts gives a large margin of error.
Changing Food Brands
For a successful diet change, we recommend following the feeding pattern below. The daily feeding amount should be split into two equal amounts and the proportions of new food increased over the first week as illustrated.
TOP TIPS: For those dogs who do not make eating a priority, here are some additional points:
- Reduce the number of tit-bits given during the introductory period
- If your dog has been used to eating wet food, moisten with warm water.
|DAY 1-2||75% Original Diet|
|25% New Food|
|DAY 3-4||50% Original Diet|
|50% New Food|
|DAY 5-6||25% Original Diet|
|75% New Food|
|DAY 7||100% New Food|
Product reviews are filtered by language.
The following reviews are available in English.
Pleasant smelling kibble which my dog lovesI bought two 15kg bags as there was an offer available . My dog hasn't had duck kibble for a while but she enjoys it and eats it as her meals and as the occasional treat on walks, along with a lot of the other dogs we meet!
Fit for purposeSwitched to senior about a year ago. Dog very have and appears added supliments have helped.
Good stuffOur Labrador recently changed to this product. No problems no hassle, has really gone well.
Good ResultOur Labrador is getting on a bit and our vet recommended that we changed to Senior food. He has always used JW food but the change to senior has suited him as he has stopped putting on weight and moves better.
Jameswellbegood senior dog foofWe find our 12 year lab/springer dog enjoys this food .She looks well and here coat is very shiny looking. We would recommend to everyone.