James Wellbeloved Senior Dog Turkey and Rice is ideal for dogs over 7 years. It is a complete dry food with the bonus that it is hypo-allergenic. With selected protein source fish and selected carbohydrate sources of rice and oats, it is a dietetic food, excellent for the reduction of ingredient and nutrient intolerances. We suggest that the food be tried for a period of 3 to 8 weeks. If the signs of the food intolerance disappear, continue feeding indefinitely.
- As a white meat turkey is full of goodness and is very gentle on the digestive tract
- Made with natural ingredients with added vitamins and minerals
- Hypoallergenic - ideal for dogs with skin or digestive sensitivities
- Single meat protein - turkey, with turkey fat and turkey gravy
- No added artificial colours, flavours or preservatives
- Excludes the most common causes of adverse food reaction
- Promotes a healthy, glossy coat - blend of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids
- Helps to reduce stool odour - added yucca extract
- Encourages beneficial bacteria in the gut - added prebiotic - natural chicory inulin
- Joint support - JW+ which contains chondroitin, glucosamine & herbs
Ingredients and analysis
Ingredients: Rice, oats, turkey meat meal, sugar beet pulp, whole linseed, turkey gravy, alfalfa, turkey fat, natural seaweed, omega-3 and omega-6 supplement, sodium chloride, parsley, nettle, chicory extract, calcium carbonate, lysine, glucosamine, D, L-methionine, chondroitin, yucca extract, threonine, JWB special ingredients.
Contains: Min 17. 5% turkey, min 26% rice, min 25% oats, min 0. 3% JW+.
Typical analysis: Protein 18%, oil 8. 5%, fibre 4. 5%, ash 6%, omega-3 fatty acids 0. 9%, omega-6 fatty
|Breed Type||Adult body weight||Food per day|
|Toy e.g.. Yorkshire Terrier||2||55|
|Small e.g.. Westie||6||125|
|Medium e.g.. Border Collie||12||210|
|Large e.g.. Labrador Retriever||24||345|
|Giant e.g.. Saint Bernard||45||550|
Feeding The Correct Amount
It is important to remember however that these figures are guidelines only, and there are several factors to be taken into account when assessing your pet’s nutritional requirements : -
- Activity level
- Temperament (stressed animals burn off more calories than relaxed ones)
- Metabolism (every animal is an individual with his or her own speed of metabolism; this means that 2 dogs of the same age, breed and weight could have different daily calorie requirements)
In order to provide the correct portions when feeding your dog or cat, it is also helpful to assess your pet’s appetite, visual appearance and stools. Whilst poo watching does not sound particularly pleasant, it is one of the best indicators of health. Increased frequency of passing faeces, production of large quantities of stools of loose motions are often frequent signs that an animal is receiving more food than he or she requires.
It is important to obtain an accurate weight for your cat or dog, and also to weigh out the food. Guessing on both accounts gives a large margin of error.
Changing Food Brands
For a successful diet change, we recommend following the feeding pattern below. The daily feeding amount should be split into two equal amounts and the proportions of new food increased over the first week as illustrated.
TOP TIPS: For those dogs who do not make eating a priority, here are some additional points:
- Reduce the number of tit-bits given during the introductory period
- If your dog has been used to eating wet food, moisten with warm water.
|DAY 1-2||75% Original Diet|
|25% New Food|
|DAY 3-4||50% Original Diet|
|50% New Food|
|DAY 5-6||25% Original Diet|
|75% New Food|
|DAY 7||100% New Food|
Product reviews are filtered by language.
The following reviews are available in English.
Best for older dogsWouldn't use anything else I also had a Llasa Apso that couldn't tolerate other foods. All my dogs have been fine on this both adult and senior type . I have stayed with Turkey and Rice as well-liked and always tolerated
The best dry food for my dogsI have used this brand for a number of years for all my previous dogs .Including my beloved Llasa Apso who had delicate digestive system.As they got older ,the senior has been ideal .At present my Spanish mixed breed rescue boy is now on senior .Turkey and rice,this I find seems to be a good choice .I do mix a very small amount of the tray wet food with it ,just to encourage if they are picky feeders .I highly recommend this food.
Great service and foodDelivered promptly have used James wellbeloved for years with my Shelties my oldest one, thirteen and half years, has been ill with liver disease and my vet suggested switching him to senior food he loves it and is eating well thank goodness
James WellbelovedThe order always comes within a couple of days. I have been feeding my dogs on this food for years and never have any trouble with it . Cassie my dog I have now is 12 years old.
Good Food at a good priceVery good value dog food delivered in good time. No problems.