James Wellbeloved Adult Small Breed Dog Fish & Rice Kibble is ideal for adult dogs with a weight of 10kg or less. It is a complete hypo-allergenic dry food. With selected protein sourced from fish and selected carbohydrate sourced from rice and barley, it is a dietetic food, excellent for the reduction of ingredient and nutrient intolerances. We suggest that the food be tried for a period of 3 to 8 weeks. If the signs of the food intolerance disappear, continue feeding indefinitely.
- Made with natural ingredients with added vitamins and minerals
- Hypoallergenic, ideal for dogs with skin or digestive sensitivities
- Single meat protein, fish with fish oil and fish stock
- No added artificial colours, flavours or preservatives
- Excludes the most common causes of adverse food reaction
- Promotes a healthy, glossy coat with a blend of omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids
- Helps to reduce stool odour with added yucca extract
- Encourages beneficial bacteria in the gut with the added prebiotic, natural chicory inulin
- Special support for natural defences with added cranberry and green tea extracts
- Special small, crunchy kibble promotes oral health and dental hygiene
Rice, ocean white fish meal, ground whole barley, olive oil, whole linseed, fish stock, fish oil, peas, alfalfa meal, tomato pomace, dry vegetarian extract, natural seaweed, carrot, chicory pulp, sodium chloride, potassium chloride, chicory extract, calcium carbonate, green tea extract, cranberry extract, yucca extract.
Minimum levels: fish (26%), rice (26%), barley (14%), linseed (3%), fish stock (3%), alfalfa (1%), seaweed (0.5%), yucca extract (200mg/kg), chicory extract (0.1%), cranberry extract (0.05%), green tea extract (0.05%) Analytical constituents: protein 24.5%, crude fibres 2.8%, fat content 13%, crude ash 7.3%, Vitamin E 150mg/kg, omega-3 fatty acids 2.0%, omega-6 fatty acids 1.6%
|Breed Type||Adult body weight||Food per day|
|Toy e.g.. Yorkshire Terrier||2||55|
|Small e.g.. Westie||6||125|
|Medium e.g.. Border Collie||12||210|
|Large e.g.. Labrador Retriever||24||345|
|Giant e.g.. Saint Bernard||45||550|
Feeding The Correct Amount
It is important to remember however that these figures are guidelines only, and there are several factors to be taken into account when assessing your pet’s nutritional requirements : -
- Activity level
- Temperament (stressed animals burn off more calories than relaxed ones)
- Metabolism (every animal is an individual with his or her own speed of metabolism; this means that 2 dogs of the same age, breed and weight could have different daily calorie requirements)
In order to provide the correct portions when feeding your dog or cat, it is also helpful to assess your pet’s appetite, visual appearance and stools. Whilst poo watching does not sound particularly pleasant, it is one of the best indicators of health. Increased frequency of passing faeces, production of large quantities of stools of loose motions are often frequent signs that an animal is receiving more food than he or she requires.
It is important to obtain an accurate weight for your cat or dog, and also to weigh out the food. Guessing on both accounts gives a large margin of error.
Changing Food Brands
For a successful diet change, we recommend following the feeding pattern below. The daily feeding amount should be split into two equal amounts and the proportions of new food increased over the first week as illustrated.
TOP TIPS: For those dogs who do not make eating a priority, here are some additional points:
- Reduce the number of tit-bits given during the introductory period
- If your dog has been used to eating wet food, moisten with warm water.
75% Original Diet
25% New Food
50% Original Diet
50% New Food
25% Original Diet
75% New Food
100% New Food
Product reviews are filtered by language.
The following reviews are available in English.
Regular favouriteMiniature poodle devours his dinner every time. The adult small breed size food is ideal. I do add a small quantity of other food items to each meal though to add variety eg carrot or cooked chicken. Of course, it makes me feel better that it’s not just dry food he has though he’s happy to take a piece at a time as a training reward. NB always provide water when feeding dry food. Of course I’d recommend this product as well as the other varieties of the same.
Excellent foodUsed JW for years for my dogs and cats, excellent in my opinion. Great price and delivery too so it’s a win win!
good foodMy bichon frises love this food and I feel it gives them excellent nutrition
Regular purchaseExtremely good product. My dog loves this and has a portion with fresh cooked fish twice a day. I also use this good sized kibble as treats. Also nutritious for his delicate digestion. He is a 10Kg miniature poodle.
Excellent speedy deliveryAlways use pet-supermarket. Items delivered within a couple of days. Fantastic value for money.