James Wellbeloved Small Breed Adult Dry Dog Food - Turkey & Rice
James Wellbeloved Adult Small Breed Dog Turkey & Rice Kibble is ideal for adult dogs with an adult weight of 10kg or less. It is a complete dry food with the bonus that it is hypo-allergenic. With selected protein source turkey and selected carbohydrate source rice and oats, it is a dietetic food, excellent for the reduction of ingredient and nutrient intolerances. We suggest that the food be tried for a period of 3 to 8 weeks. If the signs of the food intolerance disappear, continue feeding indefinitely.
- Made with natural ingredients with added vitamins and minerals
- Hypoallergenic - ideal for dogs with skin or digestive sensitivities
- Single meat protein - turkey, with turkey fat and turkey gravy
- No added artificial colours, flavours or preservatives
- Excludes the most common causes of adverse food reaction
- Promotes a healthy, glossy coat - blend of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids
- Helps to reduce stool odour - added yucca extract
- Encourages beneficial bacteria in the gut - added prebiotic - natural chicory inulin
- Special support for natural defences - added cranberry and green tea extracts
- Oral health - special small, crunchy kibble
Rice, turkey meal, oats, turkey fat, whole linseed, turkey gravy, sugar beet pulp, alfalfa meal, tomato pomace, dried vegetarian extract, natural seaweed, carrot, Sodium chloride, omega oil supplement, potassium chloride, chicory extract, calcium carbonate, green tea extract, cranberry extract, yucca extract.
Minimum levels: turkey (26%), rice (26%), oats (14%), linseed (3%), turkey gravy (2%), alfalfa (1%), seaweed (0.5%), yucca extract (200mg/kg), chicory extract (0.1%), cranberry extract (0.05%), green tea extract (0.05%). Analytical constituents: protein 24.5%, crude fibres 2.8%, fat content 13%, crude ash 7.3%, Vitamin E 150mg/kg, omega-3 fatty acids 1.1%, omega-6 fatty acids 3.2%.=
|Breed Type||Adult body weight||Food per day|
|Toy e.g.. Yorkshire Terrier||2||55|
|Small e.g.. Westie||6||125|
|Medium e.g.. Border Collie||12||210|
|Large e.g.. Labrador Retriever||24||345|
|Giant e.g.. Saint Bernard||45||550|
Feeding The Correct Amount
It is important to remember however that these figures are guidelines only, and there are several factors to be taken into account when assessing your pet’s nutritional requirements : -
- Activity level
- Temperament (stressed animals burn off more calories than relaxed ones)
- Metabolism (every animal is an individual with his or her own speed of metabolism; this means that 2 dogs of the same age, breed and weight could have different daily calorie requirements)
In order to provide the correct portions when feeding your dog or cat, it is also helpful to assess your pet’s appetite, visual appearance and stools. Whilst poo watching does not sound particularly pleasant, it is one of the best indicators of health. Increased frequency of passing faeces, production of large quantities of stools of loose motions are often frequent signs that an animal is receiving more food than he or she requires.
It is important to obtain an accurate weight for your cat or dog, and also to weigh out the food. Guessing on both accounts gives a large margin of error.
Changing Food Brands
For a successful diet change, we recommend following the feeding pattern below. The daily feeding amount should be split into two equal amounts and the proportions of new food increased over the first week as illustrated.
TOP TIPS: For those dogs who do not make eating a priority, here are some additional points:
- Reduce the number of tit-bits given during the introductory period
- If your dog has been used to eating wet food, moisten with warm water.
75% Original Diet
25% New Food
50% Original Diet
50% New Food
25% Original Diet
75% New Food
100% New Food
Product reviews are filtered by language.
The following reviews are available in English.
Dog loves itI had been feeding my small mongrel home cooked food but was concerned that I wasn't giving her all the nutrients she needs. She also loved pinching the cats James Wellbeloved cat biscuits so I decided to try her on the same brand small dog biscuits. She loves them and looks healthy on it.
James Wellbeloved Adult Small Breed Turkey and RiceI've been feeding my dogs James Wellbeloved ever since one had digestive problems. My current dog is small so she gets the small breed variety twice a day along with some meat in the evening and thrives on it.
Yummyboth my dogs love this food , one does suffer with a upset tummy , but he is fine eating this
It was recommended by our vet many years agoI have been buying this product the last six years
Great for small dogsSo happy with all the goods I have had from you also the dog think so to