AWAITING REPLENISHMENT. ALTERNATIVES CLICK HERE
YOUR KITTEN IS NOT A CAT
THEY NEED SPECIAL NUTRITION
– Is a human baby fed like an adult? Obviously not: babies have fragile digestive systems, small jaws and no teeth, and are thus unable to bite into an apple, for example.
– This analogy between the two species makes it easier to understand why kittens also require a different diet to adult cats.
– Growth in kittens lasts for at least 12 months, depending on the breed and gender.
– ROYAL CANIN® Mother & Babycat range gives your kitten the perfect start. Choose the best wet & dry solution for them.
– The period during which maternal protection has become insufficient and the kitten’s own defence mechanism is still underdeveloped is known as the “immunity gap”
– Chewing is limited so the food reaches the stomach with little pre-digestion
– Kittens eat multiple small meals (10 to 16 a day)
Product reviews are filtered by language.
The following reviews are available in English.
Cross breed kittens love itI have kittens that have left their mother at 9 weeks, now 12 weeks and they love this food. Contrary to the packaging I think it suits their small jaws and teeth better than food for older kittens. They love it and gobble it down. I have just increased the size of their portions to suit their stomachs and more importantly, their eyes, where food requirements go.
I am using this for my 15mth old Siamese who has had an upset tummy for 5 weeks now and has lost a lot of weight, I recently got a Havana kitten and he was sent away with this kitten food and Charley the Siamese loves it, and it's the only food wet or dry he is interested in, so feeding him that now to try and get him to gain weight, vet says it's ok to feed till he's back on his feet, and he's enjoying it as it's small and easy for him to eat
kitten like that smell and is suitable for 5-week old kitten to swallow.
I've got 2 Birmans and a Main Coon. Decided to try baby cat because one of the birmans is an adult but has a tiny jaw and is underweight because of difficulty eating adult sized kibble. This food is the right size and the other cats like it too.