Eukanuba Breed Specific Golden Retriever
Eukanuba Golden Retriever is a complete and balanced daily food made with high quality animal based protein. It is designed to help promote a shiny coat, maintain strong muscles and body condition, help burn fat to help control weight as well as promoting digestive health.
- Lean Muscles +: 13% more protein* to help build and maintain strong muscles and body condition (*vs. Eukanuba Adult Large Breed)
- Healthy Weight: Tailored level of L-Carnitine to help naturally burn fat
- Optimal Digestion +: Higher level of Prebiotics* to help promote digestive health (*vs. Eukanuba Adult Large Breed)
- 3D Dentadefense - crunchy kibble helps remove deposits from your dog’s teeth. After he eats, special minerals keep tartar-forming materials from attaching to his teeth.
INGREDIENTS - ANALYSISIngredients
Chicken (>20%), maize, wheat, sorghum, barley, poultry meal, animal fat, dried beet pulp, chicken digest, brewer's dried yeast, dried whole egg, potassium chloride, fish oil, salt, calcium carbonate, sodium hexametaphosphate, fructooligosaccharides, linseed, DL-Methionine, glucosamine hydrochloride, chondroitin sulphate.
Crude Protein:26. 0%, Crude Oil:13. 0%, Crude Ash:7. 0%, Crude Fibre:3. 0%, Moisture:8. 0%, Calcium:1. 20%, Phosphorus P:1. 0%
Additives per kg:
Vitamin A:12000 IU, Vitamin D :900 IU, Vitamin E ( -tocopherol):200 mg, Copper as Copper II Sulphate:25 mg, L-Carnitine:50 mg, -carotene:1 mg No colorants, flavourings or preservatives added.
Eukanuba Breed Nutrition Adult Golden Retriever
When feeding for the first time gradually introduce Eukanuba into your dog's diet over a period of 4 days. We recommend feeding your dog twice a day. Divide the daily amount shown in the chart by the number of meals. Your dog may eat more or less depending on age, temperament and activity level.
For feeding guidelines, see feeding chart.
Always have plenty of fresh water available for your dog to drink.
|Body weight||Grams per day|
Feeding The Correct Amount
It is important to remember however that these figures are guidelines only, and there are several factors to be taken into account when assessing your pet's nutritional requirements : -
- Activity level
- Temperament (stressed animals burn off more calories than relaxed ones)
- Metabolism (every animal is an individual with his or her own speed of metabolism; this means that 2 dogs of the same age, breed and weight could have different daily calorie requirements)
In order to provide the correct portions when feeding your dog or cat, it is also helpful to assess your pet's appetite, visual appearance and stools. Whilst poo watching does not sound particularly pleasant, it is one of the best indicators of health. Increased frequency of passing faeces, production of large quantities of stools of loose motions are often frequent signs that an animal is receiving more food than he or she requires.
It is important to obtain an accurate weight for your cat or dog, and also to weigh out the food. Guessing on both accounts gives a large margin of error.
Changing Food Brands
For a successful diet change, we recommend following the feeding pattern below. The daily feeding amount should be split into two equal amounts and the proportions of new food increased over the first week as illustrated.
TOP TIPS: For those dogs who do not make eating a priority, here are some additional points:
- Reduce the number of tit-bits given during the introductory period
- If your dog has been used to eating wet food, moisten with warm water.
Product reviews are filtered by language.
The following reviews are available in English.
Eukanuba Breed Nutrition Adult spcial retriever food has proven to be just right for our 2 year old dog. He enjoys every mouthful, his skin and coat condition have improved and have a lovely shine since we started him on this alone. I will definately continue to purchase this exact brand