James Wellbeloved Dog Adult Small Breed Lamb & Rice
James Wellbeloved Adult Small Breed Dog Lamb & Rice Kibble is ideal for adult dogs with an adult weight of 10kg or less. It is a complete dry food with the bonus that it is hypo-allergenic. With a selected protein source of lamb and a selected carbohydrate source of rice and barley, it is a dietetic food, excellent for the reduction of ingredient and nutrient intolerances. We suggest that the food be tried for a period of 3 to 8 weeks. If the signs of the food intolerance disappear, continue feeding indefinitely.
- Made from natural ingredients with added vitamins and minerals
- Hypoallergenic - ideal for dogs with skin or digestive sensitivities
- Single meat protein - lamb, with lamb fat and lamb gravy
- No added artificial colours, flavours or preservatives
- Excludes the most common causes of adverse food reaction
- Promotes a healthy, glossy coat - blend of omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids
- Added Yucca extract helps to reduce stool odour
- Encourages beneficial bacteria in the gut - added prebiotic - natural chicory inulin
- Special support for natural defences - added cranberry and green tea extracts
- Oral health - special small, crunchy kibble
Rice, lamb meal, ground whole barley, lamb fat, pea protein, whole linseed, lamb gravy, sugar beet pulp, alfalfa meal, tomato pomace, dry vegetarian extract, natural seaweed, carrot, sodium chloride, omega oil supplement, potassium chloride, chicory extract, calcium carbonate, green tea extract, cranberry extract, yucca extract.
Minimum levels: Lamb (26%), rice (26%), barley (14%), linseed (3%), Lamb gravy (2%), alfalfa (1%), seaweed (0.5%), yucca extract (200mg/kg), chicory extract (0.1%), cranberryextract (0.05%), green tea extract (0.05%). Analytical constituents: protein 24.5%, crude fibres 3.5%, fat content 13.5%, crude ash 9.0%, Vitamin E 150mg/kg, omega-3 fatty acids 1.0%, omega-6 fatty acids 1.4%.
|Breed Type||Adult body weight||Food per day|
|Toy e.g.. Yorkshire Terrier||2||55|
|Small e.g.. Westie||6||125|
|Medium e.g.. Border Collie||12||210|
|Large e.g.. Labrador Retriever||24||345|
|Giant e.g.. Saint Bernard||45||550|
Feeding The Correct Amount
It is important to remember however that these figures are guidelines only, and there are several factors to be taken into account when assessing your pet’s nutritional requirements : -
- Activity level
- Temperament (stressed animals burn off more calories than relaxed ones)
- Metabolism (every animal is an individual with his or her own speed of metabolism; this means that 2 dogs of the same age, breed and weight could have different daily calorie requirements)
In order to provide the correct portions when feeding your dog or cat, it is also helpful to assess your pet’s appetite, visual appearance and stools. Whilst poo watching does not sound particularly pleasant, it is one of the best indicators of health. Increased frequency of passing faeces, production of large quantities of stools of loose motions are often frequent signs that an animal is receiving more food than he or she requires.
It is important to obtain an accurate weight for your cat or dog, and also to weigh out the food. Guessing on both accounts gives a large margin of error.
Changing Food Brands
For a successful diet change, we recommend following the feeding pattern below. The daily feeding amount should be split into two equal amounts and the proportions of new food increased over the first week as illustrated.
TOP TIPS: For those dogs who do not make eating a priority, here are some additional points:
- Reduce the number of tit-bits given during the introductory period
- If your dog has been used to eating wet food, moisten with warm water.
75% Original Diet
25% New Food
50% Original Diet
50% New Food
25% Original Diet
75% New Food
100% New Food
Product reviews are filtered by language.
The following reviews are available in English.
great productboth my border terriers love these tiny biscuits easy to eat and delivery was quick
great productboth my borders love this product
great service will use them again.james well beloved small breed turkey and lamb and milky bones both my dogs love them
DOGGIE YUM YUMWE ALWAYS ORDER JAMES WELLBELOVED ,DOGS LOVE IT NO TROUBLE FOR THEM TO EAT IT.WE ALWAYS GET IT WITHIN 3/4 DAYS OF ORDERING NO PROBLEM AT ALL .
James WellbelovedOur Welsh Terrier is very happy on these products now he growing up