Dronspot Wormer for Medium Cats
Dronspot is a spot on worming treatment for cats. Intestinal worms can easily be picked up by your cat from eating microscopic worm eggs from the environment, from hunting or from swallowing infected fleas when grooming. Kittens can even pick roundworms up from their mum when they suckle her milk.
Dronspot takes the stress out of the worming routine. It’s a simple treatment that is applied at least once every three months to keep worms at bay.
- Spot-on treatment for prevention and treatment of worms in cats
- Use once every 3 months to keep your cat worm free
- Easy application, no tablets.
Fleas can spread tapeworms via their eggs so it is recommended that you routinely treat your cat for fleas to break the cycle. A spot on treatment such as Advantage 40 will treat and prevent fleas for up to 4 weeks.
To ensure that you read the most up to date information about this product, please check the VMD's Product Information Database.
|Small cat, 0.35ml pipettes||30mg praziquantel, 7.5mg emodepside|
|Medium cat, 0.7ml pipettes||60mg praziquantel, 15mg emodepside|
|Large cat, 1.12ml pipettes||96 mg praziquantel, 24 mg emodepside|
- Do not use in kittens under 8 weeks of age or weighing less than 0.5 kg.
- Do not use in known cases of hypersensitivity to the active substances or to any of the excipients.
- Shampooing or immersion of the animal in water directly after treatment may reduce the efficacy of the product. Treated animals therefore should not be bathed until the solution has dried.
- Parasite resistance to any particular class of anthelmintic may develop following frequent, repeated use of an anthelmintic of that class.
- Apply only to the skin surface and on intact skin. Do not administer orally or parenterally.
- Avoid the treated cat or other cats in the household licking the site of application while it is wet.
- There is limited experience on the use of the product in sick and debilitated animals. Therefore the product should not be administered to these animals.
Hold the pipette upright and twist off the top. Part the fur on your cat's neck at the base of the skull, until the skin is visible. Place the tip of the pipette onto the skin and squeeze until the entire contents has been released.
|Weight of Cat||Dosage||Emodepside (mg/kg of bodyweight)||Praziquantel (mg/kg of bodyweight)||Flea Treatment and Frequency|
|>0.5 - 2.5kg (small cat)||1 x 0.35ml pipette every 3 months||3 - 15||12 - 60||Advantage 40, monthly|
|>2.5 - 5kg (medium cat)||1 x 0.7ml pipette every 3 months||3 - 6||12 - 24||Advantage 40, monthly|
|>5 - 8kg (large cat)||1 x 1.12ml pipette every 3 months|
|3 - 4.8||12 - 19.2|
|8kg and above||Appropriate combination of pipettes every three months||Appropriate combination of pipettes, monthly|
Product reviews are filtered by language.
The following reviews are available in English.
AdvantageHave been using advantage for many years and never had a problem, it works very well and is cheaper than the vets
So easy to use!Makes me wonder why anyone would bother to do battle with their cat, trying to force those massive tablets down whilst being scratched to pieces in the process! This is an easy solution which is totally non-stress for you and your cat. I won' t be buying tablets again as long as I am able to buy spot-on. Brilliant!
What a revelation !These drops are fantastic, I've always had trouble trying to get my cats to swallow tablets, it's a constant battle, but the drops are easy to apply I do them quarterly and I know for sure my cats have been treated having found many a spit out tablet under the kitchen table in the past !
Worming spot onSo much easier than trying ti give those massive tablets.
At long last a liquid wormer !!So easy to use minimum fuss for Taz