VetPlus Aktivait Medium and Large Dog Tablets
Aktivait is a nutraceutical supplement containing natural antioxidants and substances that support brain function. Aktivait combines key nutrients necessary for sustaining optimum brain function. It contains antioxidants (vitamins C and E, selenium, co-enzyme Q10, Î±-lipoic acid and N-acetyl cysteine) and compounds that affect metabolism and function of the brain cells (carnitine, phosphatidylserine and the omega-3 fatty acids DHA and EPA). It helps to prevent free radical damage and support electrical transmission between nerve cells in the brain. Cognitive dysfunction is a progressive condition that will tend to get worse with age. So supplementation with Aktivait should begin as soon as any signs are seen. It can also be given to dogs from middle age onwards to help support normal brain function. Aktivait comes in an eaasy to administer capsule and can either be sprinkled onto your dog's food or given whole.
- Phosphatidylserine – A phospholipid, which helps to maintain normal cell membrane function
- Omega 3 fatty Acids – eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA)
- L-Carnitine – Essential for cellular metabolism and healthy mitochondrial function
- Co-enzyme Q10 – Used to aid energy production, also has potent antioxidant effects
- Selenium – An antioxidant and important mineral in maintaining natural cognitive function
- Vitamin E – A very potent antioxidant and lipid soluble vitamin with cell-protecting effects
- Vitamin C – A water soluble antioxidant vitamin
- Alpha Lipoic Acid – A coenzyme used in mitochondrial metabolism, also has antioxidant effects
- Support your dog's vitality and energy
- Support memory and mental alertness
- Support your dog's quality of life
- Phosphatidylserine – a phospholipid, which helps to maintain normal cell membrane function
- Omega 3 fatty acids – eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA)
- L-Carnitine – essential for cellular metabolism and healthy mitochondrial function
- Co-enzyme Q10 – used to aid energy production, also has potent antioxidant effects
- Selenium – an antioxidant and important mineral in maintaining natural cognitive function
- Vitamin E – a very potent antioxidant and lipid soluble vitamin with cell-protecting effects
- Vitamin C – a water soluble antioxidant vitamin
- Alpha Lipoic Acid – a coenzyme used in mitochondrial metabolism, also has antioxidant effects.
|10 - 20kg|| |
21 - 40kg.
|3 capsules |
Improvements from Aktivait have been reported as early as 3-4 weeks after the start of supplementation but this will vary by age, breed and the severity of the changes present.
Product reviews are filtered by language.
The following reviews are available in English.
Worth every pennyAdvised to try by our vet....& for our dog it’s certainly been worthwhile. My 15+ year old collie now happier, more alert & calm. Obviously not the panacea for all but certainly been a positive move for us. Noticed the effects within a couple of weeks so purchasing a one month supply may well be beneficial initially.
Has helped my little terrierMy Border Terrier/Jack Russell cross, was diagnosed with canine dementia just over a year ago. My vet recommended this product to me. He has one tablet every morning, he thinks it’s a treat, and it has made quite a difference in his behaviour. He has stopped going to the wrong side of the door to go out, his standing and staring into nothing is now less frequent and his other symptoms are no where near as severe.
We have seen such a differenceWe have a 12 year GSD and around 2 years ago, she became more anxious and noise sensitive and displaying some worrying behaviours such as hiding when she heard bleeps or standing facing the wall. It was heartbreaking. We researched and found it could be general noise sensitivity or the beginning of dementia. We started her on these, not expecting much of a change but we are astounded at the difference in her, she can still react to certain sounds but it is far less of a reaction and the other behaviours have stopped . She is back to being the dog we know and we know that every day is precious with her but these have kept her quality of life and she is loving life again.
Probably worth a tryThe vet suggested trying these for a couple of months to see if they help - she feels my dog likely has early onset dementia arising out of her underlying health condition and sensory impairments. I don't have any trouble giving the sizeable tablets to her in her meals (polyphagia has some advantages!); However, I wouldn't say we are getting definite improvements. We gave it two months as recommended, had a month off and tried again to compare. Very expensive for long term use, especially given it is a food supplement rather than a drug, so given the lack of clear benefits in our case, I think our money is better spent on other things.
AktivateMy springer had a vestibular disease I give her 2 tablets a day and she is running around as if she was a puppy and she’s 15 this year. Recommend them to an older dog